Monday, December 10, 2012

#BIR2012 Top Book: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry



Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits is one of those classic love stories that will capture your heart from the start.  It's about Echo and Noah, two teens dealing with tragedy in their pasts who find friendship, trust and finally love as they help each other heal and move forward as they deal with their tragic histories.

Buy Pushing the Limits: BN.com / Amazon / IndieBound

Find Katie Online:

Website / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook

We hope you enjoy this interview with Echo and Noah!




Echo:
If you could go on an art grand tour of the world, what museums or locations would be on your tour?
Any where that has a Monet painting. He is my favorite artist. I love Bridge over a Pond of Water Lilies. I’m hoping to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City someday to see it in person.

• What was the hardest part about not remembering what happened to you?
The way I became isolated from everyone and everything. I didn’t know how to face people with the scars on my arms and no memory of how it happened. I didn’t want people to think I was a freak, but they did anyway. I was in a no win situation.

• Whats your favorite part of Noah to draw?
His eyes. Noah has gorgeous eyes.

• How are things with your mom, dad and step-mom? Have you been able to find a level of trust and understanding?
I get along better with my dad and step-mom. Ashley definitely still has foot-in-mouth disease and can’t help herself from saying stupid things. She does apologize faster than she used to. My dad has a hard time seeing me as an adult and it’s a struggle for him to not tell me what he thinks I should do with my life.

With that said, I find myself more comfortable with them and that leads me to talking to them more. I think, with time, our relationship will strengthen.

Mom and I are slowly feeling each other out. She’s attended a few of my therapy sessions with Mrs. Collins. Mrs. Collins keeps reminding me that mending these relationships will take time.


Noah:
• What's the best thing you've been able to do with your brothers recently?
Their adoptive parents let me take them roller skating. I have to admit: I hadn’t been on skates since I was a kid. Thank God Echo showed. Otherwise I would have spent the day on my ass in the middle of the floor.

• What do you think your parents would say about you if they could see how you've handled yourself over the last couple years?
Ouch. You don’t hold back on the rough questions, do you?

The answer depends on which portion of my life you’re looking at. The drinking, drugs, and the girls? No doubt they would have been disappointed.

How I’ve worked stuff out with Carrie and Joe so I can see my brothers, my relationship with Echo, and my future in college? They’d be proud.

• If you got a tattoo to represent all the important people in your life, what would you get to represent them, either as a collective whole or individually?
I’ve already got the cross on my bicep for my parents and brothers. The only other person I’d consider getting a tattoo for is Echo. If I did get one for her, I’d have the Greek spelling of her name put on my other bicep.

• What's your favorite thing to do with Echo?
What’s this interview’s rating? I kid. My favorite thing to do with Echo is hold her. When she’s in my arms I feel like I can take on anyone and do anything.


GIVEAWAY TIME!
Click on "tearms and conditions" on the widget for all the rules





Katie continues her magic with Dare to You, Beth (Noah's best friend) & Ryan's Story
"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

1 comment: