Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Get to Know the Bloggers: Page Turners Blog & Fire and Ice

 Today I'd like you to meet Amber & Stacey  from Page Turners Blog and Heather from Fire and Ice. They, just like everyone else involved in BIR2010, have been amazingly helpful and lots of fun to work with. Please give them a little love by stopping by their blogs and commenting. They'd love to hear from you! 

Thanks so much for all you're doing ladies! You rock! 



Meet Amber & Stacey from Page Turners Blog

1. What is your name?  

Amber(Pixie) & Stacey

2. How long have you been blogging? 
A little over a year

3. What do you love most about blogging? 
The people we have met because of our blog and seeing our followers get just as excited as us over books.

4. What was the first book you received for review? 
IIRC it was a box of books from Scholastic (Gentlemen- And Then Everything Unraveled - How to Say Goodbye in Robot) but the one that really stands out to me as our "first arc" review was The Dark Divine from Bree Despain.

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be? 
Amber would love to be a Sports photographer. 
Stacey: My dream job would be one of several.  I would love it if it could involve books and travel some how, but I also love politics and world affairs (that's what my degrees are in).  So working for a literacy non-profit would be cool or finding a job in the publishing would also be interesting.  I love a challenge and I love being able to solve problems. (yeah, long answer for a simple question lol)

6. What is your current occupation? 
Amber: Mom and part time portrait photographer 
Stacey: Book/Music seller at B&N

7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?

Pixie- I have had a few! Having my name show up in the sequel to a book I helped promote. Posting something for a Waiting on Wednesday post and then having it show up a few days later! Going to a book signing and having people want to take a picture with me- this is a little odd, cause I hate having my picture taken(I prefer being behind the lens), but it is exciting.

Stacey - I have 3 - Meeting Stephenie Meyer at the Oprah Show, Getting my name in The Lost Saint and going to Volterra Italy!




Meet Heather from Fire and Ice:

1. What is your name?

Heather

2. How long have you been blogging?
One year

3. What do you love most about blogging?
I love having a place to share my thoughts about books and a site to spotlight Etsy handmade goods as well as photography as it applies to the things I read.  I have also met so many fun people who understand the passion for reading.
4. What was the first book you received for review? 
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
A wedding photographer
6. What is your current occupation?
I am a professional photographer and jewelry maker. But most of the time I am a full-time mom to four little ones.

7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?
My first release party- Beautiful Creatures with Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  I got to spend the evening hanging out with authors Bree Despain, Brodi Ashton, James Dashner, Emily Wing Smith, Sara Zarr, book blogger Boy With Books (Rowijo) and photographer/ trailer maker Vania (ReverieBR) It was a blast just to be in a room full of so much creativity.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you girls! I love Fire and Ice and I'd like to go to a release party! :)

    ReplyDelete