Monday, December 6, 2010

Get to Know the Bloggers: Nicole, Sasha, Julie & Kendra from Books Complete Me

I mentioned last week that I was going to be introducing you to my blog team members and now today I am. Without them BCM wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as it is. They are so important to me and I hope you love them as much as I do. 

Thank you for everything you do ladies! <3 

Kendra: 

1. What is your name? 

Kendra
 
2. How long have you been blogging? 
 
Hmmm, don't remember... June 2010?
 
3. What do you love most about blogging?
 
I love finding new books and authors, as well as being able to review those I already love, and share them with everyone else out there.
 
4. What was the first book you received for review? 
 
The first book I ever reviewed was Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready (which happens to be one of my favorites of the year). The first book I ever actually received for the purpose of doing a review, coincidentally was Bring on the Night, also by Jeri Smith-Ready, and another on my list of favorites for the year.
 
5. If you could have anhy job in the world what would it be? 
 
I would love to work in publishing, or anything to do with books (besides writing them, LOL).
 
6. What is your current occupation? 
 
Up until August of this year, I was a full time stay at home mom. In August I became a full time stay at home mom, and part time work at home mom, doing data entry for a payables company.
 
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging? 
 
There are so many of them... let's see. Probably the first time I received a reply from an author about reviewing their book. There is nothing like getting an email from someone you admire as an author.  Another was being able to attend two Smart Chicks Kick it Tour Events, speaking to the authors, getting signed books, as well as doing an interview with all of them (which will be published shortly). Being in a room alone with one other interviewer and seven of some of the best YA authors out there was an experience I will never forget.Oh and Getting my first ARC, which happened to be a signed ARC which made it even better!

Nicole:

1. What is your name? 

Nicole
 
2. How long have you been blogging? 
 
um, I "think" 4 years now, I had a personal blog before I did the book blog
 
3. What do you love most about blogging? 
 
It doesn't matter what I write, if someone doesn't like it, that's fine, they don't have to read my blog.  and for family, they're able to see pictures and such.
 
4. What was the first book you received for review? 
 
Oh crap, I honestly don't remember...  Maybe it was Minder by Kate Kaynak...
 
5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be? 
 
A geologist for the USGS (united states geological survey)
 
6. What is your current occupation? 
 
preschool teacher
 
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging? 
 
ummm, asking an author to sign 4 books for my family!! 

Julie: 

1. What is your name?
 
Julie
 
2. How long have you been blogging?
 
Six Months or so....
 
3. What do you love most about blogging?
 
The books.  It ALL about the books. Oh, and I get to be opinionated without it being a bad thing...
 
4. What was the first book you received for review?
 
Hmmm. I think the first book I RECEIVED was an ARC of Secondhand Charm by Julie Berry. Good book, it's one of the teaser giveaways.
 
5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
 
History teacher, Cindy's Assistant (oh, wait, I already do that for fun), or get paid to read books.... yea, paid to read that could work!
 
6. What is your current occupation?
 
Currently, I am a Graduate Student at High Point University and a Cashier at Kmart.
 
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?
 
Opening the mailbox and seeing a package inside that is obviously a new book for me to read!!


Sasha:

1. What is your name?

Sasha

2. How long have you been blogging?

Since July , 2010

3. What do you love most about blogging?

It's entertaining to have your voice heard

4. What was the first book you received for review?

Minder by Kate Kaynak

 5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?

Personal shopper to a star

6. What is your current occupation?

stay at home mom

7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?

Getting to review Mockingjay! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know more about you girls! :)

    Julie, I love to receive book packages too, nothing makes me happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like finding out about the different bloggers. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete