Thursday, December 2, 2010

Get to Know the Bloggers: Mundie Moms & Cindy from Books Complete Me

 Today I'm introducing you to Katie from MundieMoms.com and myself (Cindy) from BooksCompleteMe.com. I would like to say in advance that my blog is made up of 4 other really amazing ladies: Nicole, Sasha, Julie & Kendra.I'll be featuring them this weekend so please check back to learn more about them.


 Meet Katie from Mundie Moms:
1. What is your name? 
Katieb or KatiebMundieMom

2. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for a couple years, as I've had a few other blogs I've run, including my family one. I started the Mundie Moms blog in Feb. of 2009, though it wasn't made public until that summer.

3. What do you love most about blogging?
That's a hard question to answer. I love getting to know so many people from all around the world by talking about books. It's so cool to sit back and realize that a love of reading can bring people together and form lasting friendships. I really enjoy our live author chats. It's been so much fun and I've been doing those for almost two years now. It's also a lot of fun giving books and swag away. 

4. What was the first book you received for review?
My first books I received where some Children's book from Scholastic. My first YA books were Hush, Hush, Fallen and Gone. 

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
What I'm doing now. I love being at home with my kids, volunteering at my son's school, teaching my daughter preschool and running a fantastic site with the help of some wonderful friends. 

6. What is your current occupation?
I'm a stay at home mom, which includes doing a lot of things. I used to think stay at home moms had it easy, and boy was I wrong. Rewarding yes, easy, no.
 
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging? 
Oh wow, that's hard to pick. Meeting Cassandra Clare & Holly Black was my big fan girl moment. Since then I've had a lot of moments meeting and being able to work with a lot of great authors from The Smart Chicks Tour, with The Beautiful Darkness Tour, and The Austin Teen Book Festival. My big moment this year is having a character named after me in Bree Despain's The Lost Saint!! Her name is Katie Summers and she has the hots for Daniel. lol
Meet Cindy from Books Complete Me (can I just say how weird it feels to introduce myself this way?)
1. What is your name?
Cindy
2. How long have you been blogging?
I've done a few other small blogs but started Books Complete Me in March of this year. We moved from Wordpress to Blogger in June. 
3. What do you love most about blogging?
I love getting to know so many other people who are as crazy about reading as I am. Being a bookworm suddenly feels cool and I love every second of it! 
4. What was the first book you received for review? 
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
I'd love to be a published author and I'm working toward that goal as we speak. 
6. What is your current occupation?
SAHM to two beautiful boys - and I totally agree with Katie about how rewarding and so not easy it is. Whew! 
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?

The first was interviewing NY Times Bestselling author Cathy Marie Buchanan on the phone. I thought I would die of hyperventilation before she picked up the phone but it was amazing and she was just so easy to talk to. If you haven't yet read her book, The Day The Falls Stood Still, you absolutely should. It's beautiful!

The second was meeting author Kate Kaynak in person. She lives a little over an hour from me so me met at a mall and had a playdate. It was surreal and we had a total blast. I love her!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU Cindy!!!!!! Thanks SO much for all the hard work you do....and I can't wait to read your book....I know you will make your dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you Katie!!! Looking forward to more time on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, Love your blog! Been a follower for awhile. Thanks for all your hard work!!

    Cindy...you will be a published author. I just know it! Thanks for BCM! Love it!!

    Love for all my blogging friends! I agree with cindy...being a book worm is COOL now! Who would have ever thunk it? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele- Thank you so much!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you through MM's.

    Mindy- Thank you and MM love to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, girls! Nice to know more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete