Monday, November 29, 2010

Get to Know the Bloggers: A Reader's Ramblings & Once Upon a Twilight

BIR2010 is comprised of 9 blogs and throughout this week I'm going to introduce you to each of them. I'd love it if you could stop by their blogs and just give them a quick hello. There has been SO much work put into this event and it's extremely rewarding to get some love from the followers. :-) We just LOVE comments!

And I'd personally like to give a HUGE  thanks to both Kate and Yara for all their hard work on BIR2010. You ladies rock! <3


Meet Kate from A Reader's Ramblings:

1. What is your name?

Kate

2. How long have you been blogging?


I've been working on my own blog A Reader's Ramblings for a little over a year, and collaborating at Eve's Fan Garden for coming up on a year.
3. What do you love most about blogging?


I love being able to meet and work with so many different people, from other bloggers, to authors and publishers. The fact that we all love reading and good books makes it really feel like a family, a community.

4. What was the first book you received for review?


The first book I recieved was a children's book called The Sun & The Moon by Brian McCLure.

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?


I'm in graduate school now working on my Library Science degree, so I'm really hoping to get into working in youth services in a public library or in a high school library. Of course, if I could get paid to blog, that would be ideal!
6. What is your current occupation?


I'm a full time student right now.
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?


Biggest fan girl moment was probably this weekend at NCTE with fellow EFG bloggers Maryanne and Sara. We got to meet some of my favorite authors, including Lisa McMann, Alex Flinn and Lauren Oliver. The fact that they knew who we were was completely surreal!




Meet Yara from Once Upon a Twilight:

1. What is your name?

Yara

2. How long have you been blogging?

I started Once Upon a Twilight in March of this year.
3. What do you love most about blogging?

I love reading all the awesome comments from our Followers. Also knowing we help a reader find a new book and Authors new readers.
4. What was the first book you received for review?

The 1st book was from Laura Kreizter and it was a signed copy of her debut novel Shadow of the Sun.

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?

I would love to be a professional Dancer.

6. What is your current occupation?

I run a trucking company from home and I'm also a Nurse.

7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?

I want to say it was at the Smart chicks tour when Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl recognize me from Twitter and Blog.

8 comments:

  1. Loving these, I didn't even think about getting paid for blogging that would be the perfect job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate and Yara! Thank you for being bloggers!I am a follower of you both. I have also won books on both of your sites. LOVE my blog friends!!! thanks for the interviews. This is GREAT fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Mindy, we do it for followers like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is SO nice to meet you Kate and Yara!! I have just started following your blogs, and hope to get some great book reviews!! I don't know what I would do without all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy seeing what y'all have to say about new lit- thanks for doing the leg work for me, finding the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to know more about you girls! I'd have loved to be in Smart Chicks Tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks fo rstopping by. It's always fun to learn more about the bloggers I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we could get paid to blog, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete