Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Get to Know the Bloggers: Between The Covers & I'm a Reader, Not a Writer

Today I'd like to introduce you to some amazing friends of mine, Christin & Louise from http://www.betweenthecoversblog.net/ and Kathy from http://iamareadernotawriter.blogspot.com/.

All three of them have been a major part of this BIR2010 event so please stop by their blogs and leave them a comment to say hi. :-)

Thanks for all you've done ladies!




Meet Louise from Between the Covers Blog
1. What is your name?  

Louise
2. How long have you been blogging?  

Total newbie...since August!
3. What do you love most about blogging?  

The reaction from readers...whether they agree or disagree, love or hate what I've put out there, I love the interaction.
4. What was the first book you received for review?  

Erekos by A. M. Tuomala
5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?  

Professional reader?  Social butterfly?  That's part of why I enjoy blogging...the combo of reading and the social interaction.
6. What is your current occupation?  

Paraprofessional.
7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?  

Meeting Julie Kagawa at her signing in Richmond, VA.  I...along with Susan from Wastepaper Prose, Monica from Bibliophilic Book Blog, Meaghan from A Bookworms Haven, Andrea from Aine's Realm and James from Book Chic Club...got to hang out with Julie for a little while after the signing.  Sitting and chatting and laughing...it was a total fan girl moment!

Meet Christin from Between the Covers Blog

1.  What is your name? 

Christin 

2. How long have you been blogging?  

3 months

3.  What do you love most about blogging? 

I love getting to talk to authors, learning more about them, and helping to promote their books.

4. What was the first book you received for review?  

The first books received for review were from Netgalley. They were Julie Kagawa's Winter's Passage and Kersten Hamilton's Tyger Tyger.  The first book we were asked to review was A. M. Tuomala's Erekos (published by Candlemark & Gleam).

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?  

I want to be a Professor of Church Music/Director of Chapel Music at a seminary.

6. What is your current occupation?  

I'm a Graduate student, teaching assistant, and organist for a church.

7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging? 

The SmartChicks tour - so many great authors!





Meet Kathy from I'm a Reader, Not a Writer

1. What is your name? 

Inspired Kathy is my screen name so I'm guessing you figured out that my name is Kathy. 

2. How long have you been blogging? 

I've been blogging for about 3 years but I've only had a dedicated book blog for 5 1/2 months.

3. What do you love most about blogging?  

I love discovering great books that I might not otherwise know about.  I enjoy hosting giveaways and helping to promote little known authors.

4. What was the first book you received for review? 

The Prometheus Project by Douglas E. Richards

5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be? 

I would like to be a children's librarian.

6. What is your current occupation? 

I'm a stay at home mom - 5 kids ages 5 to 16 keep me busy.

7. What has been your favorite fan girl moment since you started blogging?  

My favorite fan girl moment was having breakfast with Stephenie Meyer.  Not sure anything can ever top that one!

4 comments:

  1. Christin!!!! My TM twin!! Love you dear!!!

    Looking forward to getting to know you better Louise and Kathy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy ~ breakfast with Stephenie would definitely be the chart topper for me too!

    Hi Christin and Lou! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls! Nice to meet you! I'd certainly go crazy with all your fan girl moments!

    Kathy, mom to 5? OMG, you're such a courageous woman!

    Louise, professional reader? If you find a job like this, please call me because I want it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interviews! Love meeting the great minds behind the blogs! Hi Kathy!! Lou and Christin, I believe we have met somewhere before...*winks*

    Thank you for all you do ladies. The blogging world is a better place because of wonderful ladies like yourselves!

    ReplyDelete